Technical Manager/Director – Wind/Renewable Energy, NW England/Scotland
Salary: Dependent on Experience + Benefits + Bonus
Location: North West England/Scotland
A very unique and exciting opportunity has arisen to join a private investor and developer of renewable energy solutions in the UK as they grow their team and portfolio of renewables assets.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join their small team and lead all the technical activities for the business. As Technical Manager/Director you will be responsible for ensuring the continued operation of their existing wind energy assets, as well as leading the due diligence activities on potential new projects and acquisitions, and also overseeing the construction/integration of new projects and assets into the portfolio.
You will be an experienced technical engineer (preferably Electrical / Mechanical) with knowledge and experience of the large-scale onshore wind energy industry in the UK. Experience of leading and coordinating the service and repair of multi-megawatt wind turbines will be very useful. Knowledge and experience of other renewable technologies will be beneficial (solar/biomass/AD/energy storage/backup generation).
The role will involve:
- Ensuring the continued operation of the existing wind energy assets within the portfolio,
- Monitoring and reporting of the operational assets including regular on-site visits.
- Leading the due diligence activities on new renewables projects/technologies/assets for the portfolio.
- Management of new projects through the development phase to financial close, construction, commissioning and operation.
- Oversight owner responsibilities on all projects.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering & Certificate in Project Management
- 5+ year’s experience of renewable energy electrical generation, ideally large-scale onshore wind in the UK.
- Excellent Electrical/Mechanical knowledge of wind turbines and their operation.
- Knowledge and experience with Health & Safety, risk assessment, CDM and Building Regulations.
If you feel you have the relevant expertise for this exciting opportunity, please apply now or by sending a current CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or for further information contact Stuart Brown on +44 (0)113 230 5555