Strategic Account Manager Europe
Salary: €80,000 – €90,000 Euro’s basic salary + car + benefits + bonus
Location: Germany, France, Benelux
GrassGreener Group is delighted to be recruiting for a division of a highly regarded Fortune 500 Company. The division is a market leader in the innovation and development of holographic images and applications for the transaction cards, credit and debit and related markets.
Following significant investment in new production facilities in Central Europe they are assembling a new commercial team and are looking for a Strategic Account Manager to lead business development and sales activities across Western Europe.
Reporting into the Global Sales Manager in the USA, the Strategic Account Manager Europe will be the primary commercial sales, business development and account management lead in Western Europe. They will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sales plans targeting the main card manufacturing and related organisations across the region.
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapid growth organisation that has a very clear strategic plan to take significant market share. Exceptional technical capability and support enhanced by state of the art product innovation and development sit behind this role to ensure that your product will always be the market leader.
Operating and communicating across a broad range of buying influencers from product design to through to the executive board, this role requires someone with a high level of professional and commercial awareness and credibility. This is a relationship development role and we are looking for someone who instantly makes an immediate positive impression.
An ability to work unsupervised will be complimented by a high level of tenacity. The primary function of this role will be identifying opportunities and then building relationships so we are looking for someone who can create a strategic sales plan and deliver it.
Specific experience and background requirements include the following:
• Strong sales/business development and major account development experience.
• Demonstrate strategic level sales skills with key account/global account experience.
• Positive attitude & ethics, which support our values in a healthy, high performance culture.
• Strong professional presence; ability to represent company at all levels within targeted accounts.
• Ability to travel across Europe – ± 40%.
• Effective interpersonal skills; Ability to quickly form relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Excellent listening skills and has the ability to translate customer needs into business opportunities, inside out thinking
• Take active role in long range planning for future applications through implementation of market segmentation, product standardization, and 80/20 processes to further identify market requirements.
• Effective time management skills allowing quick response to internal and external requests and inquiries by customers and management.
• Achieve double-digit growth in customer base, with increased market penetration, profit margin improvement, and development of new strategic platform targets.
• Participate in Long Range Strategic direction for the business including marketing, product development, geographical expansion and expansion outside of core markets.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent
• 3+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar sector.
• Sales experience to include demonstrated success in exceeding sales goals, new product introduction, new market development, relationship building at all customer levels, assessing customer needs, preparing quotes, understanding and interpretation of technical applications and problem solving.
• Excellent communications skills in both a written and oral format with MS Office, presentation software and contact management software expertise.
English, German and/or French
Application Process – please apply in English with an English Language CV
If you feel you have the relevant expertise for this exciting opportunity, please apply now or send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or for further information contact us on +44 (0)113 230 5555.