Senior Project Manager – Solar PV – London, UK
Salary: Dependent on Experience + Benefits + Bonus
Location: London & On-site (UK based)
Bluefield was established in 2009 and is an investment adviser to companies and funds investing in solar energy infrastructure. It has a proven record in the selection, acquisition and supervision of large scale energy and infrastructure assets in the UK and Europe. The team has been involved in over £600m of solar photovoltaic (“PV”) funds and/or transactions in both the UK and Europe since 2008, including over £350m in the UK since December 2011.
Bluefield has led the acquisitions, and currently advises on over 50 UK based solar assets that are agriculturally, commercially or industrially situated. Bluefield’s deployment and asset advisory strategy is based upon the development of long term partnerships with select groups of contractors and energy off-takers.
Additional company information can be found here: www.bluefieldllp.com
A Senior Project Manager is sought to join the Bluefield team and lead the technical activities of large-scale ground-mounted Solar PV projects (5MW+) in the portfolio, operating as Owners Engineer. This will include overseeing and managing the construction of projects, and the monitoring and reporting of the operational assets, including regular on-site visits.
- Ensuring that EPC works are implemented in accordance with the contract and planning requirements, good industry practise, H&S requirements and engineering standards
- Monitoring and documenting the construction and commissioning processes through regular site visits
- Oversight during project design and execution to identify risks, issues and solutions
- Oversight owner responsibilities on projects
- Preparing and submitting reports on the progress and status of the project
- Attending meetings with the EPC contractor and/or their sub contractors as required
- Reviewing drawings and technical documentation
- Manage EPC and O&M contracts for projects
- Interfacing the company advisors during due diligence processes and other ongoing activities
- Supervising O&M contractors and theirs sub contractors
- Perform monitoring and reporting of the operational assets plus on-site regular visits
- The role will report to the Director of Engineering and Project Operations
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering & Certificate in Project Management would be ideal.
- Strong understanding of large-scale (5MW+) ground-mount solar farm construction.
- 5+ years proven experience with working in similar roles like Site Manager, Project Manager , Owners Engineer of solar farms – carrying out due diligence checks and reporting.
- Experience of working with / or alongside the Technical advisor or within Technical Advisory – as an Owners Engineer.
- Technical expertise in solar farm engineering and design
- Strong Electrical knowledge and ability to read/understand technical drawings. Fully aware of British and International standards in terms of operation and regulatory.
- Understanding of the planning process, procedures and legal framework
- Knowledge and experience with Health & Safety, risk assessment, CDM and Building Regulations
- Capable of managing multiple projects.
If you feel you have the relevant expertise for this exciting opportunity, please apply now or for further information, contact Stuart Brown on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 113 230 5555.
GrassGreener Group is retained by Bluefield to exclusively recruit this role. Any direct applications or applications forwarded from other service providers will be forwarded to GrassGreener Group directly.