Senior Process Development Chemist – Chemical and Materials
Salary: Up to £45,000 (DOE), Pension, healthcare, bike to work scheme, 20 day’s holiday, team events, continued professional development.
The GrassGreener Group have been retained by a rapidly growing chemical and materials company, which have developed an award-winning platform technology for providing microencapsulation solutions into a variety of sectors. Their Senior Process Development Chemist will work in the lab with a team of 3 and report directly to the CTO.
We are seeking an inquisitive, yet accomplished Senior Process Development Chemist who wants exposure to innovate technology that is set to be commercialised – you will be an integral part over the early ideas and overall success of the business, working in close proximity with the Founders and CTO, to some of the worlds leading academics – close ties with Cambridge University.
This role will involve 80% of your time in the lab, creating a development program for the manufacture of this material and optimise the scale up process; 20 % of you time will be spent with the with the manufacturers and customers.
Key aspects of the role include:
- The primary responsibility of this position will be to develop chemical processes to synthesize and purify products that meet the required quality specifications and costs
Optimise the yield and purity in scalable manner
- Works primarily in the laboratory in close collaboration with other chemists as well as working with external manufacturers translating and optimising the production process
Interprets data, and provides recommendations for future work
- Periodically prepares research reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data; gives presentations for both internal and external audience
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, regulations, and good manufacturing practices
- Documents and links all experiments in a neat and organised fashion within the lab notebooks
- The ideal candidate should have earned an above average PhD with up to 5 years of relevant work experience, or a Masters Degree with more than 5 years of work experience
The following core skills are sought:
- A Degree in chemistry or a related field
- Extensive knowledge in organic synthesis and process chemistry
- Proven history of developing challenging chemical manufacturing processes
- Experience in an industrial chemical processing environment
- A “can-do” attitude
Demonstrated skills and competencies:
- Attention to laboratory safety and hazard analysis
- Creative technical problem solving
- Ability to work well in inter-disciplinary teams
- Effective use of scientific literature, patents, and search methods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Strong potential for project and team leadership
- Passion about working in an early-stage company where flexibility is key
Please apply below or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, successful applicants will be invited to our award winning i-intro platform for further information and the opportunity to present your skills and experience directly to our client.