Sales Manager | Speciality Chemicals & Performance Materials | UK & Ireland
Salary: Excellent salary, including an annual target related bonus scheme with a generous car allowance, company pension scheme and private medical cover.
Our Client is a world class chemical distributor and provides Market Expansion Services across the globe. They help their customers develop new innovative products and applications with a team of highly specialised staff.
They are now looking to recruit a Sales Manager to join their Speciality Chemicals and performance materials and to cover the UK & Ireland.
- Direct responsibility to grow sales, achieving this through the prospecting and developing of new potential accounts, as well as supporting and developing the relationships with current customers.
- Visit new and existing customers on a regular basis to build, maintain and manage relationships (60% travelling)
- Build and maintain relationships with our suppliers based in Asia, Europe and USA through joint visits and regular reporting, to support mutual growth of our joint businesses.
- Support the business development activities by developing and managing the product portfolio
- Identify and develop potential market opportunities, in co-ordination with other DKSH business teams.
- Update and maintain projects and compile meeting reports in our CRM system
- Working together with Specialist, Sales Support to effectively manage the day to day business
- Relevant work knowledge in the specialty chemicals industry, preferably with a technical background in products/applications for the paints, adhesives and polymers industry
- Ideally qualified to a Degree level in Chemistry or a Polymer related course, or minimum a HNC / HND in Polymers, with proven experience in the Polymer industry.
- Broad network in the specialty chemicals industry, particularly in Ireland, would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a variety of sales, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Hands on in the day to day running of the business with attention to detail
- Highly organized self-starter capable of managing customer visits schedule and territory effectively
- Full UK driving license
- Comfortable to work from home
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be the new Sales Manager then we would like to hear from you.