Job Title: Sales Manager EMEA / ASIA – Sporting iD
Location: North East, UK
Sporting iD are dedicated creators of heat transfers for licensed players’ names, numbers and badges with global distribution to brands, clubs, leagues and nations for application to professional team and replica sportswear.
Their team of concept designers and typographers work in partnership with brand managers, apparel designers, colourists and textile performance engineers to achieve iDentity zones of real ownership, distinction, optimum performance and reliability.
Part of the ITW family they have a robust manufacturing supply chain; people with inside knowledge on industrial application; global distribution directly to kit manufacturers, sporting clubs and retailers and a specialist marketing and design team.
Sporting iD has established long term international business partnerships creating authentic sport heritage adding visual passion and value to some of the world biggest sporting brands, clubs, leagues and fans across the world.
Sporting iD require a Northern UK based Sales Manager, with a strong financial and analytical bias, who will be responsible for up-selling the company’s range of Numbers, Letters and Badges to existing Club, High-street and Online retailers.
The successful candidate will need to have a background in numbers, preferably with an accountancy and/or analytics background, in addition to having managed a small team. Furthermore, we are looking for someone with account management skills and a proven background in developing new business with existing customers.
The candidate should have a keen interest, if not a passion for football and should be driven, energetic, social, independent and motivated. If successful in the role, other opportunities may arise for personal development within the organisation.
Financial Responsibilities and Skills:
- Providing and interpreting financial information
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends
- Analysing change and advising accordingly
- Formulating strategic and long-term business plans
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance
- Analysing competitors and market trends
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Managing budgets
- Commercial and business awareness
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An analytical approach to work
- High numeracy and sound technical skills
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
- The capacity to make quick but rational decisions
- The potential to lead and motivate others
- Good IT skills
Man Management Responsibilities & Skills:
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation & skills development
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organisation’s presence throughout EMEA & ASIA
- Responsible for the planning, direction, organisation and control of sales team to accomplish specific objectives
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team through sales reports and cyclical sales meetings
Account Management Responsibilities & Skills:
- Playing an integral role in up-selling activities and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of any new clients
- Responsible for the development and achievement of sales through on-line, retail and club sales channels
- Focusing on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business where possible in EMEA/ASIA
- Write business plans for all current and opportunity tender business
- You will act as the key interface between the customer and Sporting iD