Head of Programmes, Power Generation / Energy / Utilities
Location: Hampshire, UK
Salary: up to £65,000 + Bonus + Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world-leading clean technology business who have developed innovative technology for the power generation industry.
The business have developed an innovative technology that converts waste heat energy from engine exhausts into free, useful power.
As part of the businesses commercialisation strategy a Head of Programmes is required to take responsibility for the delivery of all new product development and customer application projects.
- Lead all programme management activities and ensure the processes and personnel are in place to deliver a portfolio of projects that matches the needs of the business.
- Leadership and direct line management of the Project Management team;
- Development of a programme focused culture to enable cross functional engagement including project review structures, communications, project management tools, team structures/layouts, reward mechanisms etc;
- Strategic planning and forecasting of project portfolio, including overall project resource planning;
- Improving project delivery performance;
- Representing the company with customers, suppliers, partners and funding bodies and leading meetings, presentations and other activities as required;
- Ownership and improvement of, the product lifecycle processes, including: NPI, NAI, change control, configuration management, project management and product end of life management;
- Proven experience of project management, programme management, portfolio programme and contract management (Prince 2, APMP or equivalent qualification)
- Leadership of project managers in a multi-disciplinary, matrix organisation context.
- Proven record in delivering to plan NPI and customer facing projects;
- Experience in working in a high technology environment incorporating mechanical & electrical products/systems;
- Proven ability to develop and implement robust processes, strong analytical ability and a clear thinker;
- Strong financial and commercial awareness;
- Knowledge and practical experience of Earned Value Management;
If you feel you have the relevant expertise for this exciting opportunity, please apply now or send your CV and a covering letter.