Head of Engineering, Wind Energy
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Salary: £90,000 + Benefits
It is not often that an opportunity arises to join a company that is tipped to be the next biggest success story of the renewable energy industry, and form a key part of the leadership team as they grow.
You will be joining a business that is at the leading edge of new technology and is predicted to significantly grow in the next 2-3 years, so the future is going to be fast paced and rewarding!
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer as a member of the leadership team, you will be responsible for the delivery of the businesses technology development and demonstrator programme as part of their commercialisation activities.
- Leadership of all procurement, manufacturing, acceptance testing and maintenance activities.
- Coordination of all product Project Management activity against deliverables.
- Lead the procurement, manufacturing, acceptance testing and maintenance activities
- Full responsibility for HSE within the business.
- Establish the manufacturing and supply chain to support the commercialisation of the technology from initial product development through to scale-up.
- Develop the engineering team, recruiting and leading the development and elevation of staff through proactive coaching and mentoring, professional development and feedback.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A proven track record leading a multi-disciplined engineering design team
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Excellent communication and negotiations skills
- Project management
- Product and Business Knowledge with a learning orientation
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Commercial / Contractual understanding and awareness
If you feel you have the relevant expertise for this exciting opportunity, please apply now by sending a CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org