For the second year running, GrassGreener Group™ is supporting Simon on the Street’s (SOTS) annual sleep-out event in Leeds City Centre.
On Thursday, 26th September 2013, the GrassGreener Group™ team will be meeting with other fundraisers s to “sleep rough” for one night with the goal of raising awareness and funds for the SOTS charity.
Simon on the Streets perform outstanding work helping rough sleepers in and around Leeds and Bradford. They view no individual as “beyond help” and are willing to step up and offer assistance to those people that other agencies or unable or unwilling to help.
The evening will begin at 9:30pm with a “Walk of Awareness”, visiting some of the areas of Leeds City Centre that former rough sleepers called home. Former homeless individuals who were helped by (and now work for) SOTS will share intimate details of their previous life and explain why charities such as SOTS are so important in helping some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
After that, we’ll be bedding down in sleeping bags and cardboard boxes behind Leeds Minster and doing our best to get some sleep.
GrassGreener Group™ is aiming to bring its fundraising total for this event up to £2,000. If you’d like to help, please consider doing one or more of the following:
- Go to http://www.justgiving.com/grassgreener and make a donation online.
- Use the “Share” button in the top left-hand corner of this page to post a link to this article.
- Go to http://www.justgiving.com/grassgreener and use one of the social media sharing buttons at the top of the page.
- Arrange your own “sponsored sleep-out” on your business premises (contact us and we’ll help you set everything up).
- Pray for good weather on the night of 26th September 2013.
For a taster of what to expect, below is a video from last year’s event.